Promote Your Music Here On Whatsapp Only: +2348051168989
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) under the leadership of Rev. Dr. Samson Ayokunle has declared 10th January, 2019, as a National Day of Prayers for peaceful, free, fair and credible election and freedom for Leah Sharibu and others in the captivity of the Boko Haram terrorists.
This was contained in a statement on Saturday by Joseph Daramola, CAN acting General Secretary.
It said the prayer meeting is to be organized in Abuja and all the State capitals nationwide between 11:00am and 2:00pm with a view to asking God to prevent violence, manipulation, intimidation of voters and other electoral crimes with a view to having credible election.
The statement urged Christian politicians, especially those contesting for any of the elections, all Christian groups or organisations and all stakeholders are invited to participate in the programme.
CAN urged all Christian Groups, denominational, church and block leaders of CAN or their representatives to assemble at the National Christian Centre, Abuja on 10th January for the prayer meeting.
It added: “All Christian candidates for all the elective offices or their representatives are also invited as they will be prayed for to be good Ambassadors of Christ before, during and after the election.
“CAN asks all State Chairmen and all denominational leaders to organize similar programme and Christian candidates who could not make it to Abuja, especially those who are contesting for State Assembly or positions of Governor to attend the one being organised at the State level.
“We are to pray for all Christians contesting for one post or the other for the will of God to be done concerning their ambition. That the powerful in our nation will not be able to manipulate the election and edge them out.
“We will also pray for the following:
1. That all captives in the den of the terrorists like Leah Sharibu, the Chibok girls should be set free immediately.
2. That the general election should be free, fair and credible.
3. That it should be violence – free and without any bloodshed.
4. That God should use the process to give the country good and godly leaders at all levels.
5. That every evil plan against Nigeria be frustrated.
6. That 2019 should be a New Dawn for Nigeria
7. That God should stop all groups behind the killings in Nigeria and their financiers.”