Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central has accused Senate President Godswill Akpabio and former Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello of orchestrating a fraudulent recall process against her, allegedly using fake constituents.
In a statement on Wednesday, Akpoti-Uduaghan claimed that all available evidence pointed to Bello as the mastermind of the recall attempt.
She alleged that Bello, who was previously accused of sponsoring attacks against her during the 2023 general election, is now using the recall process as part of his continued political vendetta.
The senator dismissed the recall move as a distraction, urging Bello to concentrate on clearing his name regarding allegations of fraud.
“I will advise the former governor to rather focus on clearing his name over allegations of fraudulent diversion of N89.2 billion, instead of attempting to destabilise the mandate given to me by the people of Kogi Central,” she said.
According to Akpoti-Uduaghan, the recall attempt has backfired, strengthening her support base.
She described the exercise as a failed attempt to suppress the will of her constituents, saying they had come out en masse to resist government intimidation.
“The powers that be did try to suppress the will of the people, but my people emphatically said no. No to injustice, no to the exploitation of women, no to fake recall, no to Yahaya Bello and his allies,” she said.
Akpoti-Uduaghan assured her supporters that she remains committed to delivering quality representation.
“As for me, I will do more for my people. I will not betray them. I will continue to give my best, and they should be rest assured of our best representation at all times,” she added.