BREAKING: Netanyahu Vows To Intensify Attacks On Hamas As Israeli Strikes Kill 24

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reaffirmed on Sunday that his government would continue military operations against Hamas in Gaza.

According to Reuters, Netanyahu expressed support for U.S. President Donald Trump’s “voluntary emigration plan” for Gaza and stated that his cabinet is working to secure the return of Israeli hostages.

However, Hamas, which claims to have accepted a ceasefire proposal mediated by Egypt and Qatar, rejected Netanyahu’s demands to lay down their arms and withdraw from Gaza.

Senior Hamas official Sami Abu Zuhri warned that Netanyahu’s stance would lead to “endless escalation” in the region.

Meanwhile, the Israeli prime minister dismissed claims that his government was avoiding negotiations, stating that discussions were ongoing “under fire,” making them “more effective.”

On Saturday, Khalil al-Hayya, a senior Hamas leader in Gaza, confirmed that the group had agreed to a proposal that included releasing five Israeli hostages per week.

However, he emphasised that disarmament, as demanded by Israel, was a “red line” Hamas would not cross.

Netanyahu’s comments followed Israeli strikes on Gaza on Sunday, the first day of the Muslim Eid al-Fitr holiday. According to Gaza’s health officials, at least 24 Palestinians, including several children, were killed in the airstrikes, including nine people who died in a single tent in Khan Younis.

Since Israel resumed its offensive on March 18, hundreds of Palestinians have been killed, and tens of thousands have been displaced, particularly in northern Gaza, where many had returned following a temporary ceasefire in January.

Netanyahu has insisted that for the airstrikes to stop, Hamas must surrender its weapons, while its leaders leave Gaza. He stressed the need to dismantle Hamas’ military and governing capabilities, but did not specify how long Israeli forces would remain in the region.

“We will ensure security in Gaza and implement the voluntary emigration plan,” Netanyahu said.

“This is our plan, and we are ready to discuss it at any time,” he added.

Trump initially proposed relocating Gaza’s 2.3 million residents to other countries, including Egypt and Jordan, while turning the territory into a U.S.-owned resort.

However, no country has agreed to accept the population, and Israel has since stated that any departures would be voluntary.

Israel launched its military campaign in Gaza following Hamas’s October 7, 2023, attack on Israeli communities, which left approximately 1,200 people dead and resulted in 251 hostages, according to Israeli officials.

The ongoing conflict has devastated much of Gaza, with over 50,000 Palestinians killed, according to Palestinian health authorities. Hundreds of thousands remain displaced, living in tents and makeshift shelters.

Despite the violence, Palestinians in Gaza attempted to mark the Eid holiday.

“We are here to celebrate the rituals of God amid destruction and bombardment,” Minnatallah Al-Far in Jabalia, northern Gaza, told Reuters.

Meanwhile, in Israel, Netanyahu has faced mounting protests from families of the remaining 59 hostages and citizens opposing government policies, accusing his administration of undermining Israeli democracy.

Netanyahu dismissed the criticism, insisting that military pressure was the only reason hostages had been released.