More facts have emerged on the private hospital, Flower Garden hospital razed by fire in Okitipupa, Okitipupa Local Government Area of Ondo State on Wednesday.
A member of staff of the hospital who spoke on the condition of anonymity attributed the fire that engulfed the facility to generator spark.
The four-flat building housing the hospital was completely razed, but no life was lost in the incident.
The staffer refuted the claim that petrol storage caused the fire incident on the multi-million naira property.
The official said that the generator that powered the hospital developed a fault while still on, thus causing a spark which resulted in the fire that engulfed the hospital.
The worker said that lack of functional fire service station in the Okitipupa council area contributed to the havoc wrecked on the hospital by the inferno as all efforts by residents to put it out proved abortive.
“A spark from the generator was the cause of the fire that razed the hospital, contrary to the widespread claim that petrol storage in one of the rooms ignited the fire.
“Also, lack of functional fire service station in Okitipupa local government area contributed to the incident, as all efforts by residents to put out the fire proved abortive.
“But, we thank God that no life was lost in the incident,” the official said.
Meanwhile, all efforts to speak with the owner of the hospital, Mr Emmanuel Idoko, over the matter proved abortive, as his phone was unreachable.