Obi Campaign Reacts To Attack On Labour Party Candidate’s Convoy In Katsina - Mc Ebisco
Politics

Obi campaign reacts to attack on Labour Party candidate’s convoy in Katsina

Advertisement

The Peter Obi/Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed Presidential Campaign Council (PCC) has condemned Monday’s attack on the convoy of Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party for the 2023 election.

POLITICS NIGERIA reports that the PCC also demanded a probe into the attack which it said was premeditated.

This was contained in a statement signed by the Head of Media of the PCC, Diran Onifade, sent to this newspaper on Tuesday.

“Our candidate had met with women in a townhall and then held a hugely successful Rally at the Muhammad Dikko Stadium.

“However on his way to the airport, hoodlums attacked the car our candidate was riding in with heavy stones from his driver’s side causing substantial damage to the vehicle.

“To the glory of God, Mr Obi and other occupants of the car were unhurt.

“Subsequently another set of thugs also threw stones outside the stadium which damaged several vehicles including that of our official stage crew.

“The two incidents taken together make us suspect that the attacks may have been premeditated at the behest of desperate polititicians who had been deluding themselves with the false claim that they had the northwest locked up but are now shocked by the show of force of the Obidient movement in the region.

“While thanking the good people of Katsina who came out enmasse to support our campaign yesterday (Monday), we call on security agencies to investigate this matter to forestall future occurrences,” Onifade said.