Rivers People Won’t Waste Votes On Any Opposition Party -Wike - Mc Ebisco Rivers People Won’t Waste Votes On Any Opposition Party -Wike - Mc Ebisco
Latest News

Rivers People Won’t Waste Votes On Any Opposition Party -Wike

Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike has said that Rivers people are impressed with the sterling performance of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)- led government in the state and will not waste their votes on another political party, particularly the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He reiterated that in the last seven years the APC-led Federal Government has denied Rivers State basic amenities, therefore, the people of the state will not support any candidate of the party in the 2023 general election.

The Rivers State governor made this assertion after inspection of on-going construction work of the over 13 kilometre Rumuodogo 1 and Rumuodogo 2 road in Emohua Local Government Area of the state, yesterday.

Wike, in an emotion laden voice said he remains grateful to God for the privilege to be the one since the creation of Rivers State in 1967, to make Rumuodogo 1 and Rumuodogo 2 accessible by road.

“Emotionally, I am touched. I can’t thank God enough for giving me the opportunity to be the person to open up this community. What is governance? The whole essence of governance is for people to be happy and having the feeling that their lives will be turned around.”

He asserted that based on the performance of his administration, Rivers people will in 2023 general election wholeheartedly return the PDP to power in the state.

According to him, members of the APC-led Federal Government in the past seven years have failed to attract a single infrastructural project to the state.

His word: “We have shown that we have the capacity and what it takes to govern and to govern very well.”

The governor said he will recommend to the incoming PDP government to consider construction of a bridge that will connect Rumuodogo communities to Harry’s Town in Degema Local Government Area of the state.

“By the grace of God, the next incoming government will look at it and see how they can connect here (Rumuodogo) to the riverine area. That will be part of our recommendation to the next government which by the grace of God will be a PDP government. The other party, APC, they have been there for almost eight years, they couldn’t do anything.”

Wike, who had earlier inspected ongoing road construction in Mgbuitanwo community also in Emohua LGA, expressed satisfaction with the quality of work done so far by the contractor, Julius Berger.

“Street lights have been fixed and we are very happy with the quality of work done. You can see how happy the villagers are, even without them knowing that I was coming, they came out to show their appreciation.”

SEE ALSO:  Stacey Abrams Is Running For Governor Again In Georgia

The Chairman of Emohua LGA, Dr. Chidi Lloyd, said he remains eternally grateful to Wike for granting his request for the construction of the Rumuodogo 1 and Rumuodogo 2 road.

“You can see enthusiasm with which the community people are singing; they are only expressing their heartfelt gratitude to the governor of Rivers State for what he has done.”

Similarly, Nne-Nwe-Eli Emohua XIII (Olo IV), Ohna Sergeant Chidi Awuse, said by making the remote Rumuodogo 1 and Rumuodogo 2 communities accessible by road, Wike has once again proven that he is indeed a promise keeper.

The monarch said, the Wike-led administration has made it possible for Rivers people to truly benefit from dividends of democracy.

Chairman/CEO, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM), Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, has advised 300 Nigerians who illegally travelled to the UAE not to make their case worse by resorting to media blackmail.

Responding to a post that “300 Nigerians abandoned in Dubai as NIDCOM, NAPTIP, Foreign Affairs relax evacuation effort” on some social media blogs, last Wednesday, the NIDCOM boss said despite several warnings by the Federal Government of Nigeria through its relevant agencies on consequences of illegal migration to the UAE and other countries, it was regrettable that some Nigerians still found themselves as victims of this irregular act.

In line with its citizens diplomacy, the Federal Government had approved the evacuation of over 300 Nigerians stranded in the UAE.

Regrettably, many of those affected have not been totally cooperative as they refused to follow the laid down procedures.

In a statement made available to journalists, yesterday, and signed by the Head of Media, Public Relations and Protocols, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, explained that investigations also revealed that over 100 Nigerians who had served various jail sentences (ranging from drugs to credit card frauds, robberies etc.) suddenly landed at the holding centres, demanding of the Nigerian consulate in Dubai to “immediately bring them back. Their voices have been the loudest”.

Dabiri-Erewa said rather than complying with the directives of the Nigerian consulate in Dubai, some Nigerians were busy pursuing a media blackmail of the Federal Government as well as the UAE government.

This media blackmail, she said, will make an already bad case, worse, noting that rules on such cases would not be circumvented.

Recalling several warnings to Nigerians, particularly on the zero tolerance of the UAE for the consequences of flouting their rules, she added that the allegation that Nigerians were abandoned in Dubai is completely untrue and misleading as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Nigerian Mission have been working assiduously with the UAE authorities to assist over 300 Nigerians stranded in the country for various reasons, ranging from overstay, lost passports, lack of documentation especially in the case of infants, to pending cases with the Emirati Police.

SEE ALSO:  Pakistan: Controversy, Scandal Surrounds Diamer-Bhasha Dam On Indus

She advised Nigerians affected to comply with the laid down rules and regulations as stipulated by the UAE and the Nigeria Consulate in Dubai, and await further communication from officials of the mission who have constantly visited them at the holding centre.

A pressure group, Movement for Just Utilisation of Resources in the South-East (M-JURSE), has urged the Federal Government to grant oil pipeline protection contracts to youths of host communities.

The National Coordinator, M-JURSE, Mr Stanley Okafor, who made the call, yesterday, in Awka, Anambra State, said that the move would stem vandalism and oil theft in the region.

He said there was the need for such collaboration with the youths to improve local production and exports, boost revenue accruing to the federation account.

“It has become imperative for the federal government to look inward and into means of integrating the South-East in main stream of national life.

“This can be done by co-opting the youths as partners in the sourcing and protection of resources found in the region, including infrastructure necessary for oil exploration production and conveyance.

“The youths are willing and capable of protecting oil infrastructure in the region and granting licence to these youths will be a workable way to check youth restiveness,”he said.

Okafor urged government to conduct environmental impact assessment in Enugu, where coal was exploited years ago when the commodity served as one of the greatest exports of the country.

He said water cannot be drilled in Enugu State as the entire area was hollow underneath.

“We, therefore, hope that government will show sincere interest in assessing the impact of these years of exploitation on the environment and adequately compensate the region,”he said.

Also speaking, Deputy President, National Youths Council of Nigeria, Mr Innocent Nduanya, said that gold deposits and other precious minerals in the South-East should be exploited with greater coordination and purposes.

“We have abundant geological deposits in Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra, Imo and Abia states, and we want the Federal Government to exploit these resources with youths of the region as partners in progress.

SEE ALSO:  Atiku, Obi will be massively humiliated on election day, say Oshiomhole, Giadom

“We need the youths to be engaged so that they can become national vanguards and that way, peace and national identity can gradually be restored.

“We will reach out to necessary organs of the Federal Government to ensure compliance to our demands in a responsible manner,”he said.

The Federal Government has said it was set to establish a Labour Market Information System (LMIS), aimed at addressing the lack of harmonised information on labour market.

Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, disclosed this in Abuja as he flagged off a three-day Labour Market Information System (LMIS) Stakeholders Workshop organised to strategise on the framework needed to achieve that.

Represented by the Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Ms Kachollom Daju, the minister stated that the LMIS would play the role of informing and guiding policy makers in devising and implementing active labour market policies and strategies, designed to close the skills gap in the country, and enhance national planning and development.

He explained that LMIS, an initiative of Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment, in collaboration with other stakeholders, would harmonise into one platform, all the fragmented labour market information spread across many ministries and agencies.

The minister added that this one-stop shop for labour market information would provide data for national policy making, as well as provide easy access to Labour Market Information by users of such information.

Ngige, in a statement by Head, Press and Public Relations, Olajide Oshundun, was quoted as saying, “The availability of reliable, timely and robust labour market information is key for policy-making, education planning, career guidance and enterprise strategies.”

He pointed out that a well-established labour market information system would provide insight into both the supply and demand sides of the labour market, which, ultimately, would help to forecast trends for jobseekers, training institutions, enterprises and policy-makers.

Ngige noted that generating comprehensive, reliable and up-to-date labour market information required an increased collaboration among stakeholders.

The minister, therefore, implored all relevant stakeholders to collaborate with the ministry for a successful implementation of the project.

Earlier, the Permanent Secretary, Labour and Employment, Ms Kachollom Daju, represented by Director, Employment and Wages, John Nyamali, stated that the objective of the workshop was to ensure synergy among stakeholders in the generation of information for the Labour Market Information System.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x