Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija news today, monday 19th September 2022, can be accessed below
Newstrend.ng has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Anambra State Governor, Professor Charles Soludo, has identified the unknown gunmen unleashing terror on the State as Igbo people, saying that the perpetrators are not invaders. Soludo said suspects arrested so far “are 100 percent Igbo,” but noted that the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) had distanced itself from the crime.
2. Some masquerades invaded a church (name withheld) in Shikal village of Langtang South Local Government Area of Plateau State, on Sunday, flogging worshipers, as well as the Pastor. Apart from flogging the worshippers and the Pastor and generally disrupting the service, the masquerades were also said to have destroyed the Church’s musical equipment.
3. Nineteen people have been confirmed dead, while eight others were injured in a Sunday auto crash at Yangoji-Gwagwalada Road in the FCT. Mr Dauda Biu, Acting Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), confirmed the figures to newsmen yesterday.
4. There was a loud explosion in the ATC area of Jalingo, the capital of Taraba State Sunday night. The State police command through its Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Usman Abdullahi, confirmed the incident but could not state the level of casualties.
5. The Federal Government has foregone N16.76tn in revenue to tax reliefs and concessions given to large companies between 2019 and 2021. As of the end of 2021, 46 companies had benefited from various tax incentives and duty waiver schemes, while the requests of 186 companies were still pending.
6. Men of the Lagos State Police Command, Lagos Airport Police Command and students, under the aegis of the National Association of Nigerian Students, may be set for a showdown over the students’ plan to ground the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos on Monday (today).
7. The Oyo Mesi Traditional Council has said all the 65 contestants to the Alaafin stool who appeared for an interview recently are to proceed further in the selection process. The regent and Basorun of Oyo, Chief Yussuf Ayoola, disclosed this on Sunday.
8. Men of the Nigeria Hunters and Forest Security Service in Ede, Osun State, have arrested a 28-year-old herbalist, Ismail Adewuyi, for allegedly stealing a female corpse’s head and intestines at the Muslim Cemetery, Oke Yidi, in the Ede area of the State. It was gathered that Adewuyi, who was armed with assorted charms, stormed the cemetery in the early hours of Saturday, exhumed a corpse, cut the head and brought out its intestines.
9. The Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, Cross River State, Maikano Hassan, has confirmed a lone incident that killed a middle-aged woman in Calabar, yesterday, who was in a hot chase of her husband over his “mistress.” The Sector Commander, who spoke with Vanguard, yesterday, said the incident was caused by over-speeding.
10. Cross River State Police Command has neutralised two out of the three suspects, who abducted some pastors in August 2022, at Odukpani Local Government Area of the State. It was gathered that the pastors had gone for a church planting ceremony in Creek Town, but were kidnapped on the waterways by the assailants, who were later paid N10 million as a ransom for their release.