Entertainment

Twin Two-bedroom Flats Gutted By Fire In Ilorin

The fire disaster was reportedly caused by a power surge, according to the spokesman of the Kwara State Fire Service, Hassan Adekunle in Ilorin on Wednesday.



 

A fire outbreak gutted a twin two-bedroom building and a self-contained apartment in Ilorin on Wednesday, destroying property worth millions of naira.

The fire disaster was reportedly caused by a power surge, according to the spokesman of the Kwara State Fire Service, Hassan Adekunle in Ilorin on Wednesday.

He said the fire burnt a building comprising twin two-bedroom flats and a self-contained.

The incident occurred around 11:50hrs on Wednesday, at No 25, Itunu Street Sapati-Ile Area, in Ilorin, the State capital.

According to the spokesman, firefighters were able to extinguish the fire on time.

The Director, Kwara State Fire Service, Prince Falade John Olumuyiwa, urged the general public to imbibe safety culture first in all their daily activities.