Latest News

Security agents yet to find those who bombed me in 2014: Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has lamented that security agencies have not been able to unravel and bring to justice, people who bombed his car in 2014, while he was running to become president.

Mr Buhari, who assumed office as president in May 2015 and has been commander-in-chief of the armed forces since then said, “up till today” nothing has been heard about the attackers.

“When I looked, I saw blood on my trousers and gown but none of us in the vehicle were injured. But somehow, I saw blood because of the number of people killed outside by the blast of the bomb.

“I came out, I was concerned about the people injured. Some people stopped a vehicle, pushed me inside and drove me home. And that was the end of it. That’s how efficient the Nigerian security agents are up till today,” Mr Buhari said scathingly.

The president recalled the near death incident in a documentary aired on Channels TV Sunday night.

Narrating the incident, Mr Buhari said he was driving with three other people in Kaduna in the armoured vehicle gifted him by former governor of Kano State Rabiu Kwankwaso when the incident happened.

We have recently deactivated our website’s comment provider in favour of other channels of distribution and commentary. We encourage you to join the conversation on our stories via our Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages.