Top Nigerian Newspaper Reviews & Naija News Today, Sunday 2nd October 2022
Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija news today, Sunday 2nd October 2022, can be accessed below.
Goldennewsng has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Renewed efforts by the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, to resolve the lingering crisis between him and the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, failed again as their Thursday meeting could not resolve the crisis. It was gathered that the governor insisted that there would be no peace deal until the National Chairman of the party, Iyorchia Ayu, resigns.
2. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) has acquired all 380 Oando retail outlets, aviation and gas brands nationwide from OVH Energy. The NNPC Chief Executive Officer NNPC Limited, Mele Kyari, stated this yesterday in Abuja.
3. Nigeria is on the rise regardless of some drawbacks in its nation-building efforts, Governor Abdulrazaq Abdulrahman of Kwara State, said on Saturday. The Governor spoke at Nigeria’s 62nd Independence Anniversary parade held at the metropolitan square, Ilorin, the State capital.
4. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said the nation’s registered political parties must disclose the sources of their campaign funds and keep to the rules guiding campaign financing and spending limits. The INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, made this known during a TV interview on Saturday.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari, on Saturday, celebrated Nigeria’s 62nd Independence Day anniversary at the Eagle Square, Abuja. The celebration was marked with many activities, including military drills and artistic performances.
6. Presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed Yobe State Governor, Mai Mala Buni as special adviser on “Party Integration and Reintegration” at the Tinubu/Shettima Presidential Campaign Council.
7. A spokesperson for the Atiku Abubakar presidential campaign, Daniel Bwala, says the rally by supporters of Peter Obi, Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, in Kaduna shows the decline of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the State. Obi’s supporters, earlier in the day, conducted a ‘one million march’ in various States to mark Independence Day.
8. A fire incident occurred on Saturday at the Nkwelle Ezunaka area near Onitsha Anambra State when a tanker conveying petroleum product fell into a ditch in the community. Eyewitnesses said that the tanker driver lost control and fell into the ditch, spilling its content which resulted in a fire in the area.
9. Two persons were confirmed dead, while four others sustained injuries in an accident involving a Nissan Cabster and a Mack truck at Iyana Egbado, Itori on the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway on Saturday. The Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps in Ogun, Mr Ahmed Umar, confirmed the incident to newsmen in Abeokuta.
10. The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on Saturday, declared that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, lacks the capacity to stop the Biafra agitation. The group issued the warning while criticizing Atiku over a statement credited to him that he would stop Biafra agitation if elected President in 2023.