Anambra Govt Breaks Silence On Link To Fake Federal Agency

The Secretary to the Anambra State Government, Mrs Chiamaka Nnake, has explained how she became involved with the purported Made-in-Nigeria agency recently identified by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) as a fake Federal Government entity.

Naija News reports that Nnake, on Saturday, said she was appointed as the state’s focal person after the Anambra State Government received an official communication from the organisation, which claimed to operate under the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

The development came to light after it emerged that the purported agency had been working with the state government to organise a Made-in-Nigeria fair in Anambra in December.

In a statement titled, ‘Clarification on the “Made-in-Nigeria Agency and My Role as State Focal Person,” Nnake said the state government had no reason at the time to suspect that the organisation was not a legitimate Federal Government agency.

She explained that the process began in January 2026 when the Anambra State Governor received a letter from the organisation requesting the nomination of a focal person for the state.

According to her, the letter stated that the office was operating under the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

She said, “In January 2026, the Governor received a letter from the Made-in-Nigeria Office, said to be under the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, requesting the nomination of a State Focal Person.

“In response, the Governor, in February 2026, nominated me as the State Focal Person for Anambra State.”

The SSG disclosed that representatives from the 36 states subsequently created a WhatsApp group where they discussed issues concerning the purported agency’s activities.

She said her interactions with the organisation were limited to those official engagements.

Nnake explained, “Following the nominations, Focal Persons from the 36 states have been in a WhatsApp group engaging on issues relating to the activities of the office.”

According to the SSG, the organisation later approached the Anambra Government with a proposal to host the South-East edition of its Made-in-Nigeria Fair in the state.

She said the state government approved the request, after which preparations commenced.

Nnake said, “More recently, the same office wrote to the State requesting that Anambra host the South East Made-in-Nigeria Fair. The request was approved, and an inaugural meeting was held about two weeks ago, with the National Coordinator in attendance.

“Since then, the State Committee has been working on preparations for the Fair, which is scheduled to take place from 2nd – 5th December 2026.”

The SSG, however, distanced herself and the Anambra State Government from any other activities allegedly carried out by the organisation.

She stressed that her involvement was restricted to the official communications and assignments she received from the state government.

Nnake added, “Beyond these official interactions and engagements, I have no knowledge of, involvement in, or connection with any other activities, claims, or developments attributed to the said office.

“I therefore wish to make it clear that anything beyond the above-mentioned official interactions is entirely outside my knowledge and involvement.”

Stay Updated With Us! Follow our WhatsApp Channel for the latest news, updates & exclusive content.
Follow Us On WhatsApp
📲 Follow Us on Telegram
Get the latest updates, news and exclusive content directly on Telegram.
✈️ Join Our Telegram Channel

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*